ABOUT THE COURSE:
If you want to get more media coverage for your company or organisation, it’s essential you’re seen and heard in the media on a regular basis. Yet you need to be fully prepared to get the most of out of the media interview. Media relation training is critical and can make the difference between creating a strong positive public impression or a truly negative one. It’s essential in helping you develop the skills to get your message across succinctly and with impact.
The SCSC highly tailored media relation training will assist team members to understand the different forms of media, how to engage journalists and how to control even the most difficult interview. Theory combined with practice interviews provide trainees with the experience of understanding and dealing with the media in a range of situations. Includes phone interview practice with a professional journalist and detailed on the spot feedback from the trainer and journalist.
Whether novice or expert, participants will get full value from this four days course. Our instructors will help you analyse your current relationship with the media, offering methods to strengthen it. Knowing how to work with the media is essential to get your messages out, so our training ensures your communications strategies work to promote your organization in a positive light – in good time and bad.
Participants of Media Relation training course will develop the following competencies:
• How to be proactive with the media.
• Gain a detailed understanding of the media landscape
• Have a set of checklists and tools for planning their next media interview.
• Have a better understanding of their own natural communication style.
• How to stay on message and keep interviews within safe boundaries.
• What to say when you don’t have all the answers.
• how to create effective messages that work for television, radio, print and new media.
• The components of a successful communication strategy.
• How to prepare for interviews and navigate through the difficult questions.
Training and Resource Centre: 12, Karaye Street, Off Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki 2, Abuja.
Phone Number: 09091111114 or 07089024098